A Look at Life in Tent City, NJ
Homelessness in the U.K.
- At Home on the Street: People, Poverty, and a Hidden Culture of Homelessness
- Left Out in America: The State of Homelessness in the United States
- The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution by Professor Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum
- Newspaper Stories about Steve Gruetzmacher
- Sleeping Rough in Seattle: homeless crisis exposes dark side of hi-tech city
- Atlantic Magazine: The Resurrection of America's Slums
- Atlantic Magazine: The Best Way to End Homelessness
- Atlantic Magazine: How Can the U.S. End Homelessness?
- Economist Magazine article on Technological Unemployment
- Mother Jones Magazine article about how Utah has decreased homelessness by 72% in the past nine years.
- Huffington Post article about School on Wheels , a non-profit organization providing one-on-one tutoring to homeless youth in California.
- Reaching Out to the Homeless Woman Sleeping on Your Doorstep
- Tiny homes as a solution for homelessness
- Innovative new East Austin micro-village will rent to homeless for $210 a month
- Scholarly Articles
- The Criminalization of Homelessness
- Lifting bans on sleeping outside won’t stop criminalization of homelessness (Washington Post)
- The growing criminalization of homelessness (Aljazeera America)
- Criminalization of homelessness on the rise in U.S. cities (MSNBC)
- The 1% wants to ban sleeping in cars – because it hurts their 'quality of life' (The Guardian)
- Homelessness and Health
- 60 Minutes story about technological unemployment
- Homelessness in the U.S.: Sleep Study and Accommodation Directory
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and the Coming Technological Unemployment Crisis - contains links to articles, television shows, and radio interviews related to the societal impacts of disruptive technologies
- Center for Building a Culture of Empathy
Disowned Homeless LGBT Youth
ABC News Story on Homeless Youth