- Fact Sheet: National Homeless Youth Awareness Month - contains information for communities, families, educators, social workers, advocates, and policy makers
- Homeless Youth in America: Who Are They
- Youth Homelessness in California
- Homeless Youth in San Francisco Face High Risk of Death
- Family and Youth Services Bureau Study of Homeless Youth
- The Homestretch - A documentary about youth homelessness. "The Homestretch follows three homeless teens as they fight to stay in school, graduate, and build a future. Each of these smart, ambitious teenagers - Roque, Kasey and Anthony - will surprise, inspire, and challenge audiences to rethink stereotypes of homelessness as they work to complete their education while facing the trauma of being alone and abandoned at an early age."
- National Association for the Education of Children and Youth
- Education for Homeless Children and Youths Program: Non-Regulatory Guidance (pdf)
- Foster Care to Homelessness
- The Poverty Industry
There are many causes of youth homelessness, and sexual orientation and gender identity is a significant factor.
With 20-40% of homeless youth identifying as being LGBT, it is worth considering what influences one's sexual orientation and gender identity, as well the evolution of morality, the roots of homophobia, and why homophobia persists.
It is estimated that 20 - 40% of homeless youth identify as being LGBT. I don't know, but I would be surprised if many of these youth were not transgender.
LGBTQ Support Organizations
Understanding Gender Indentity
The Science of Emotions
Papers and Articles