- Our Town Reno is a collective, multimedia street reporting project by concerned citizens and UNR students on issues facing Reno's homeless and our city's most vulnerable. Check out their facebook page too.
- Reno's Homeless Youth Count - 2016 Results
- End Youth Homelessness Reno Facebook Page
- Social Justice Writing Meetup Group
Volunteer Opportunities in Reno, NV
- Reno Initiative for Shelter and Equality (RISE) - On three Saturdays a month, this group operates a free market and serves home cooked meals to people in need.
- Donated clothing and personal hygiene products are distributed at the free market
- Meals are prepared by volunteers in their home kitchens, then transported to the event site where it is served.
City of Reno
- Housing for All: A Ten Year Plan to End Homlessness in Reno/Sparks/Washoe County - This plan was originally written in 2006, and updated in 2011.
- City of Reno Homeless Relief Programs
- The Eddy House
- Operates a walk-in center for homeless, runaway, foster and other at-risk youth in downtown Reno
- Provides life and career coaching for aging-out foster youth
- Operates Yosemite Place, a residential home for young men who have aged-out of foster care
- The Children's Cabinet - working to address the needs of children and their families in our community by providing:
- food and shelter
- crisis intervention and case management
- academic support
- job training and transitional living
- parenting classes
- child care subsidies
- child care resource and referral assistance
- and free family counseling
- Nevada Youth Empowerment Project - a unique, community-based youth service provider that develops, implements and evaluates programming targeting homeless, aged-out, unprepared, parent less youth (ages 18-21), designed to produce the outcomes desired for older youth and emerging adults;
- high school graduation
- college education
- independent housing
- good citizenry
- avoidance of welfare
- Awaken Reno - A local organization working to end sex trafficking in our community. Their mission is to increase awareness and education surrounding the issue of commercial sexual exploitation and to provide housing and restoration for its victims.
- Sierra Association of Foster Families - Provides educational support to foster youth